When you think of summer you probably think of warm days, the sun and the beach. Scarves might not pop into your mind right away –but you’re missing out on a fun summer accessory! Our hand dyed silk scarves are such a great way to mix up an outfit, spice up your handbag or just bring you joy.
As with all silk scarves, there are a few things you want to keep in mind. If you intend on wearing them long into the future (and we encourage you to do so!) here are some ways to preserve your new favorite accessory.
- Wash as little as possible. Silk is delicate, and they aren’t really designed to be machine-friendly. To maintain its silhouette and color, we suggest leaving it out of your weekly laundry bin.
- Throw it in the freezer: To keep it smelling fresh, it’s best to throw your silk scarf in the freezer instead of the washer. This helps to kill any unwanted bacteria, and it will come out the next morning smelling crisp and clean!
- Hand wash gently with mild detergent: If you really need to clean your scarf, we suggest washing by hand with soapy cold water.
- Air dry: You should never toss your silk scarf in the dryer. This increases the risk of faded colors and loose threads. Consider it an art piece while it hangs in your laundry room to dry!
- Iron on a low setting: Hate wrinkles? If so, you can easily eliminate fine lines and creases with a simple swipe of an iron.
Now –Take all of our styling are care tips to heart and start shopping! We have a lovely selection of silk scarves that were all handmade by our artisans this spring!